Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 13

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 13




                                               

Vitina

Vitina or Vitia is a town and municipality located in the Gjilan District of Kosovo. According to the 2011 census, the town of Vitia has 4.924 inhabitants, while the municipality has 46.987 inhabitants.

                                               

Zubin Potok

Zubin Potok is a town and municipality located in the Mitrovica District in Kosovo. As of 2015, it has an estimated population of 15.200 inhabitants. It covers an area of 335 km 2, and consists of the main town and 63 villages. Zubin Potok is a p ...

                                               

Zym

During the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, Zjum was the center of a srez municipality. In 1970, the village had 122 Albanian houses, hailing from Shkoder Malesia 77 houses, Eastern Malesia 6 houses and from Mirdite 39 houses, their ancestors having settle ...

                                               

Bjeshket e Nemuna National Park

The Bjeshket e Nemuna National Park is a transboundary national park in Tropoja in north-eastern Albania, Gjakova and Pec in western Kosovo and in eastern Montenegro. It encompasses 63.028 hectares of mountainous terrain, with numerous lakes, den ...

                                               

Oshlak Strict Nature Reserve

The Oshlak Strict Nature Reserve is a strict nature reserve in the District of Prizren and Ferizaj of Southeastern Kosovo. The reserve encompasses 20 hectares of mountainous and hilly terrain, small lakes and wide forests with numerous of the rel ...

                                               

Sharr Mountains National Park

The Sharr Mountains National Park is a national park in southeastern Kosovo. It covers 53.272 hectares, centered on the northern Sar Mountains, a mountain range which also extends into northeastern Albania and northwestern North Macedonia. The pa ...

                                               

Abdullah Al-Salem

Abdulla Al-Salem is one of the first founded suburbs of Kuwait City. It has been there for over 30 years. It is known to be one of the suburbs where the wealthiest of the families "Matyara" of Kuwait live alongside Shuwaikh, Nuzha, Kaifan, and Sh ...

                                               

Al Jahra

Al Jahra is a town located 32 kilometres west of Kuwait City in Kuwait. Al Jahra is the capital of the Al Jahra Governorate of Kuwait as well as the surrounding Al Jahra District which is agriculturally based. Encyclopædia Britannica recorded the ...

                                               

Wafra

Wafra is the southernmost area in Kuwait, within the boundaries of the former Neutral Zone. It is part of Ahmadi Governorate and is well known for its fertile soil and farms. It is parallel with the Kuwait–Saudi Arabia border. Wafra and Abdali in ...

                                               

Protected areas of Kyrgyzstan

The Protected areas of Kyrgyzstan cover 1.476.121.6 hectares and account for 7.38% of the countrys total area. The first protected area in Kyrgyzstan was established in 1948. According to the Government Decree on Priorities of Conservation of Bio ...

                                               

Azhiadar-Unkur

Azhiadar-Unkur near the Dangi Canyon in Aravan, Kyrgyzstan. The cave consists of a large tunnel which goes more than 120 metres into the limestone mountain and is notable for the fact that it is home to Kyrgyzstan ’s only colony of bats. It is po ...

                                               

Protected areas of Laos

Protected areas in Laos include: Phou Kathong, 88.000 ha at lat. -3.155685 long. 37.318828 Phou Kateup Bolovens Northeast, 93.500 at lat. -4.609291 long. 32.90657 Dong Ampham National Biodiversity Conservation Area, 20.000 ha at lat. -4.60886 lon ...

                                               

Bokeo Nature Reserve

Bokeo Nature Reserve is located in Bokeo Province, Laos. The protected area was created to protect its population of the black-cheeked gibbon, discovered in 1997 which was previously thought to be extinct. The protected area, 475 square miles in ...

                                               

Sķēde

Sķēde is a suburban settlement near Liepāja, Latvia, in Medze Parish, Grobiņa Municipality. It is located on the north border of the city. Sķēde was the biggest dacha cooperative in Latvia in the time of the Latvian SSR. One of Sķēdes notable fea ...

                                               

Abava Valley

The Abava Valley is the valley of the Abava River in Talsi, Tukums, and Kuldīga municipalities, Latvia, in the historical Kurzeme region. Following inclusion on the World Monuments Funds Watch List of endangered heritage sites, on 20 June 1996 th ...

                                               

Alsunga

Alsunga is a village in Alsunga Municipality, Latvia. Alsunga is the center of the Suiti, a small Catholic community in the Lutheran western part of Latvia. There are approximately 1345 inhabitants in Alsunga. Alsunga was first mentioned in 1230, ...

                                               

Kolka, Latvia

Kolka is a village in Kolka parish, Dundaga municipality, on the tip of Cape Kolka in Courland in Latvia, on the coast of the Gulf of Riga in ancient Livonia.

                                               

Kosrags

Kosrags is a populated place in Kolka parish, Dundaga municipality, Latvia on the shore of the Irbe Strait of the Baltic Sea. One of twelve Livonian villages on the Līvõd rānda - the Livonian Coast in Courland. Other names: Kosraga, Koshragutsiem ...

                                               

Lake Engure

Lake Engure is a lake in the western part of Latvia, in the Talsi District. It is the third largest lake in the country after Lake Lubāns and Lake Rāzna. Lake Engure is an ancient sea lagoon, divided from the sea by a 1.5 - 2.5 km wide sand bar w ...

                                               

Lielirbe

Lielirbe is a populated place in Tārgale parish, Ventspils municipality, Latvia. One of the twelve Livonian villages on Līvõd rānda - the Livonian Coast. Other names: Liyelirbe, Gross Irben, Lielirbes Ciems

                                               

Lūzņa

Lūzņa is a populated place in Tārgale parish, Ventspils municipality, Latvia, one of the twelve Livonian villages on the Livonian coast. Lūzņa was a long fishing hamlet at the coast of the Baltic Sea about 30 kilometers from Ventspils in the dire ...

                                               

Mazirbe

Mazirbe is a village place in Kolka parish, Dundaga municipality, Latvia 18 km southwest of Kolka. It is one of twelve Livonian villages on Līvõd rānda - the Livonian Coast. Mazirbe is the cultural capital of the Livonians. The modern Livonian fl ...

                                               

Melnsils

Melnsils is a populated place in Roja municipality, Latvia. One of the twelve Livonian villages on Līvõd Rānda - the Livonian Coast. Other names: Melnsil, Melsils.

                                               

Mērsrags Municipality

In 2009, Roja Municipality was formed by merging Mērsrags Parish and Roja Parish, both at the coast of the Baltic Sea. In January 2010, the residents of Mērsraga in a general meeting decided to withdraw from the new municipality and create an ind ...

                                               

Miķeļtornis

Miķeļtornis is a populated place in Tārgale parish, Ventspils municipality, Latvia. It is one of the twelve Livonian villages on the Livonian Coast.

                                               

Pitrags

Pitrags is a village situated in Kolka parish, Dundaga municipality, Latvia, at the mouth of the river Pitraga. It is one of twelve Livonian villages. Other names: Pitraguciems, Pitrag, Pitraga Ciems, Petragga, Pitraga, Pitragutsiyeme. It was fou ...

                                               

Sestā grupa (Liepāja)

Sestā grupa is the most northern district of Liepāja, located near Karosta and Tosmare. On the present territory of the district in the second half of 20th century was located USSR military warehouses - sixth group of rear supply of Baltic Fleet, ...

                                               

Skrunda

The historical sources first mentioned Skrunda German: Schrunden in the Curonian Peninsula in 1253. In 1368 the Skrund Castle of the German Order was built on the left bank of Venta. During the Duchy of Courland and Semigallia period glass mills, ...

                                               

Stende

The settlement was on the land of the manor Stende since the 14th century. The whole of it was owned originally by the lord of the manor Philipp von der Bruggen, to whom it was granted by the Livonian Order. Rapid growth started when in 1904 a ra ...

                                               

Tārgale

Tārgale is a village at the centre of Tārgale parish, Ventspils Municipality, Courland, Latvia. It is situated by the P122 road 13 km from the county council in Ventspils and 185 km from Riga. The name of Tārgale is first mentioned in documents i ...

                                               

Vaide

Vaide is a populated place in Kolka parish, Dundaga municipality, Latvia. One of the twelve Livonian villages on the Livonian Coast. Poulin Klavin Latvian: Paulīne Klaviņa one of only a handful of native speakers of Livonian language was born in ...

                                               

Vaiņode

Vaiņode is a village in and centre of Vaiņode Municipality and Vaiņode Parish, Latvia. The village developed around a railway station after 1871 between Liepāja and Mazeikiai.

                                               

Ābeļi Parish

In the territory of present-day Ābeļi Parish, there was historically an Abelhof manor Gut Abelhof, Ābeļu, Janopol manor Gut Janopol, Brodi. In the 19th century was established Salas parish on the left bank of Daugava, in vicinity of Jekabpils. In ...

                                               

Audriņi

The village of Audrini was completely eradicated and its entire population was liquidated on 3 January 1942. In total 215 inhabitants were killed, including 51 children; later, on 4 January 1942, 30 of them were shot on the market square in Rēzek ...

                                               

Daugavpils Municipality

Daugavpils Municipality is a municipality in Latgalia, Latvia. The municipality was formed in 2009 by merging Ambeļi parish, Biķernieki parish, Demene parish, Dubna parish, Kalkūne parish, Kalupe parish, Laucesa parish, Līksna parish, Maļinova pa ...

                                               

Lake Lubāns

Lake Lubāns is the biggest lake in Latvia. The lake lies in the centre of the Eastern Latvian Lowland. It is a shallow drainage lake, fed by the Rēzekne, Malta, Malmuta and Lisinja rivers and several smaller brooks, with an outflow via the Aiviek ...

                                               

Lociki

Lociki ; Russian: Лоцики) is a settlement located 12 km northeast of Daugavpils, Latvia, in Naujene parish, Daugavpils district, Latgale region. Lociki originated with a few houses round a small military air base, which today is being redeveloped ...

                                               

Ludza Municipality

Ludza Municipality is a municipality in Latgale, Latvia. The municipality was formed in 2009 by merging Briģi Parish, Cirma Parish, Isnauda Parish, Istra Parish, Nirza Parish, Ņuksi Parish, Pilda Parish, Pureņi Parish, Rundēni Parish and Ludza to ...

                                               

Rēzekne Municipality

Rēzekne Municipality is a municipality in Latgale, Latvia. The municipality was formed in 2009 by merging Audriņi parish, Bērzgale parish, Čornaja parish, Dricāni parish, Feimaņi parish, Gaigalava parish, Griskāni parish, Ilzeskalns parish, Kanti ...

                                               

Riebiņi

The village was a shtetl, and most of the inhabitants were Jewish. According to the census of 1897, there were 533 Jews living in the village 91% of the total population. In the beginning of the 20th century, many of the Jews left for Israel or t ...

                                               

Zīlāni

Zīlāni is a village in Kūkas Parish, Krustpils Municipality, Latvia. It is located 3 km northeast of Jēkabpils town. The village lies on the A12 road, which is part of the E22. The village was formerly connected by railway but its station closed ...

                                               

Ādazi

Ādazi is town in Pierīga, on the left bank of the Gauja river. Town is administrative center of Ādazi Municipality. It is located by the highway A1, 21.6 km from the center of Riga. Ādazi has administrative offices, schools Ādazi Secondary School ...

                                               

Aloja, Latvia

Aloja is a town in northern Latvia, close to the border with Estonia. Until 2009 it was within the countrys Limbazi District. Aloja as a settlement was first mentioned in written sources in 1449. Aloja saw rapid development after Latvian agrarian ...

                                               

Alūksne Municipality

Alūksne Municipality is a municipality in Vidzeme, Latvia. It is located in the northeast of the country and borders Ape in the west, Balvi Municipality, Gulbene Municipality and Alūksne Municipality in the south, Pskov Oblast of Russia in the ea ...

                                               

Balozi

Balozi is a town of Latvia situated in the Ķekava municipality just 12 kilometres from the centre of Riga. In 2015, the city had a population of 6.281. Balozi was founded soon after the Second World War; as a village at the time, it was developed ...

                                               

Bāzciems

The Bāzciems or Bāznieki German: Bahseneck, belonging to the Duke of Courland, Sloka manor, formed the boundary of the Slokas town, marked by the Vecslocenes River with mills. During the Polish-Swedish War in 1605-1608 Swedes erected fortificatio ...

                                               

Bulduri

Bulduri is a residential area and neighbourhood of the city of Jūrmala, Latvia. The Bulduri railway station was established in 1877. During the era of Imperial Russia, Bulduri was known to western visitors as Bilderlingshof and in Latvian as Bild ...

                                               

Carnikava

Carnikava is a village in Carnikava Municipality, Latvia. Carnikava had 4.015 residents as of 2015. Located 25 km north from Riga at the mouth of the longest river in Latvia named Gauja. First mentioned in Livonian chronicles in 1211 as a summoni ...

                                               

Cēsis District

Cēsis District was an administrative division of Latvia, located in the Vidzeme region, in the countrys north-east. It bordered the former districts of Valmiera and Valka to the north, Limbazi and Riga to the west, Gulbene to the east, Ogre and M ...

                                               

Dikļi Parish

Dikļi Parish is an administrative unit of Kocēni Municipality, Latvia. Prior to the 2009 administrative reforms it was part of Valmiera District. Dikli is a quiet rural village in the northern part of Latvia that is home to around only five hundr ...