Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 348

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 348




                                               

Katekhi Church

The Katekhi Church is a Georgian Orthodox Church located in the village of Katex of Balakan District, northwestern Azerbaijan, on the border with Georgia. It was constructed before 697, probably by orders of Archil of Kakheti. Church stayed under ...

                                               

Kumehnen Church

The Church in Kumehnen is a church in the Kumachyovo district in Kaliningrad, Russia. Built in the 14th century, it is a Brick Gothic church. It was famous for its Baroque altar by the sculptor Johann Pfeffer from 1676. In 1945, the church was da ...

                                               

Leeds Church Extension Society

The Leeds Church Extension Society is a Church of England organisation which funds church and clergy developments in the City of Leeds. It was founded in 1864 to help build churches and to pay for clergy in the rapidly expanding city. It became i ...

                                               

San Lorenzo in Nifili

San Lorenzo in Nifili is a Romanesque-style, Roman Catholic church located in the town of Farnetta, part of the commune of Montecastrilli, in the province of Terni, region of Umbria, Italy.

                                               

Lutherse Kerk (Delft)

The Lutherse Kerk, also known as St. Georges Chapel, is an 18th-century church in the Dutch city of Delft. The churchs foundation was laid in the 15th or 16th centuries, with a wooden structure being built on top of it. This first wooden church b ...

                                               

Lygon Street Christian Chapel

Lygon Street Christian Chapel is an Evangelical church in the inner-city suburb of Carlton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, built in 1865, and designed by architect W.M. Moore. The services were led by a preacher. The preacher prior to February 1 ...

                                               

Santa Maria Assunta in Cielo, Alviano

A collegiate church at the site is documented by 1275. The present building was erected in the 15th century. The church once housed an altarpiece depicting the Madonna of the Assumption surrounded by Angels by Nicolo Alunno. The painting is now i ...

                                               

Oratory of Saint Mark

The Oratory of San Marco is a Byzantine-style oratory situated in the old town centre of Rossano, a frazione of Corigliano-Rossano, Calabria, southern Italy.

                                               

Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral, Ningbo

The Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral is a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church, which is located in the city of Ningbo in Zhejiang Province in the Peoples Republic of China. The temple follows the Roman or Latin rite and functi ...

                                               

Our Lady of Victories Basilica, Camberwell

Our Lady of Victories Basilica is a Catholic church located in the Melbourne suburb of Camberwell. Romanesque in style, it was designed by architect Augustus Andrew Fritsch and was completed in 1918. It is one of five churches in Australia with m ...

                                               

Our Lady Queen of Peace Cathedral, Broome

The Our Lady Queen of Peace Cathedral or just Broome Cathedral is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Broome, Australia and the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Broome. In 1899 in the site was built a wooden church dedicated to ...

                                               

Parish of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross Prostejov

The Roman Catholic Parish of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross is Roman Catholic parish in Prostejov, Moravia. The exact year of foundation of the parish is not known. It is estimated the period before 1200. Parish unites Catholic believers in Pro ...

                                               

Peter and Paul Church, Potsdam

The Roman Catholic Church of St. Peter and Paul is centrally located in the center of Potsdam, and ends the Brandenburger Strasse to the east, at the western end of which is the Potsdamer Brandenburger Gate. The present church building was comple ...

                                               

Santi Pietro e Cesareo

Santi Pietro e Cesareo is a Roman Catholic church located outside of the town of Guardea, in the frazione calle Piano Antico, in the province of Terni, region of Umbria, Italy.

                                               

Portglenone Parish Church

Portglenone Church was consecrated in 1735, making it one of the oldest churches in the area. The porch was added and dedicated on 13 February 1912. The church was re-roofed in 1929.

                                               

Presbyterian Church in Korea (YunShin)

The Presbyterian Church in Korea is a theologically Reformed and Presbyterian denomination in South Korea. It subscribes the Apostles Creed and Westminster Confession. In 2004 it had 6.469 members in 88 congregations served by 84 pastors.

                                               

Proprietary chapel

A proprietary chapel is a chapel that originally belonged to a private person, but with the intention that it would be open to the public, rather than restricted to members of a family or household, or members of an institution. Generally, howeve ...

                                               

Chiesa del Purgatorio, Venafro

The Chiesa del Purgatorio is a Baroque-style, Roman Catholic church in the town of Venafro, province of Isernia, region of Molise, Italy.

                                               

Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite)

The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ was a sect that was created in 1907 from dissenting members of The Church of Jesus Christ. Like its parent church, the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ was a Rigdonite and Bickertonite organization: it tra ...

                                               

St Andrews Church, Rippingale

The Church of St Andrew in Rippingale, Lincolnshire, England, is a Grade I–listed Anglican church. The earliest phase of the church dates back to the mid-13th Century.

                                               

Sacred Heart Cathedral, Maliana

The Sacred Heart Cathedral or simply Cathedral of Maliana and more formally Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, is a religious building affiliated with the Catholic Church which is located in the town of Maliana in Bobonaro district, near the ...

                                               

St. Joseph Cathedral, Mopti

The St. Joseph Cathedral is a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church and is located in Mopti in the fifth administrative region of Mopti in central African country of Mali. The cathedral is located near Independence Avenue and Kanaga ...

                                               

Transfiguration Cathedral, Bender

The Sacred Heart Cathedral is the name given to a Russian Orthodox church in the Diocese of Tiraspol and Dubossary, Bender, a town controlled by Transnistria, de facto independent territory of Moldova. Its history dates back to 1814 when working ...

                                               

Sailors Chapel, Angle

Sailors Chapel, Seamens Chapel or Fishermens Chapel is a Grade I listed building in Angle, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The chapel, which is dedicated to St Anthony, is located in the churchyard of St Marys parish church. The chapel is a small, single-c ...

                                               

St Albans Catholic Church, North Finchley

St. Albans Catholic Church is a parish of the Roman Catholic Church in on the corner of Nether Street and Birkbeck Road in North Finchley, London. It is situated in the Barnet Deanery of the Diocese of Westminster. Founded in 1903, the church was ...

                                               

St Barnabas Church, West Silvertown

St Barnabas Church, West Silvertown was a Church of England church in Silvertown, east London. It was opened in 1882 on Eastwood Road as a mission church of St Marks Church, Silvertown. In the 1917 Silvertown explosion its chancel and iron hall w ...

                                               

St Cedds Church, Canning Town

St Cedds Church was a Church of England church between Newham Way, and Chadwin Road, in Canning Town, east London, dedicated to Cedd, evangelist to Essex, in whose ceremonial county the church falls. Opened as a brick hall in 1903-1904 as a missi ...

                                               

St Francis Xaviers Cathedral, Geraldton

St. Francis Xaviers Cathedral or Geraldton Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Geraldton, Western Australia. It is the seat of Bishop of Geraldton. Construction work on the cathedral began on 20 June 1916. The first phase ended with the co ...

                                               

St Gabriels Church, Canning Town

St Gabriels Church, Canning Town was a Church of England church in Canning Town, east London. It originated as an undedicated iron church between the River Lea and the railway to the north of the Barking Road, on the site later used for the brick ...

                                               

Saint Hripsime Church of Yalta

Saint Hripsime Church, is a working Armenian church located in Yalta on the Crimean peninsula and completed in 1917. It is modeled after a church of the same name in Vagharshapat, Armenia. In fact, a piece of that UNESCO World Heritage site churc ...

                                               

Saint Ignatius of Loyola church in Kremenets

Saint Ignatius of Loyola and Stanislaus Kostka church in Kremenets is a church in Kremenets, Ukraine. Formerly a Jesuit Roman Catholic church, designed by Pawel Gizycki and build around 1731–1745, it was converted into a parish church following t ...

                                               

St James Church, Forest Gate

St James Church, Forest Gate was a church in Forest Gate, east London. Its origins lay in an iron building constructed around 1870 to serve a conventional district. A parish was formed for it in 1881 from those of Emmanuel Church, All Saints and ...

                                               

St John the Baptist Cathedral, Murray Bridge

St John the Baptist Cathedral, Murray Bridge is the cathedral church of the Anglican Diocese of The Murray, in South Australia. The cathedral building was built in 1887 of rough stone as a parish church and, with a maximum seating capacity of 130 ...

                                               

St John the Baptist Church, Peterborough

The present St John the Baptist Church is situated in Cathedral Square and is only a few minutes walk away from Peterborough Cathedral. This seemingly strange state of affairs is due to the fact that the cathedral was for the monks and the church ...

                                               

St John the Baptist Church, Toodyay (1863–1963)

Following the move from Old Toodyay to Newcastle, Father Francis Salvado called for tenders to build a new Catholic chapel to replace the Sancta Maria of Old Toodyay. The foundation stone of the Catholic Church of St John the Baptist was laid in ...

                                               

Saint Joseph Parish Church (La Trinidad)

Saint Joseph Parish Church, also known as San Jose Parish Church, is a Roman Catholic church located at Poblacion, La Trinidad, Benguet in the Philippines. The church is under the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baguio, and is dedic ...

                                               

St Judes Church, Carlton

St Judes Church is an Australian Anglican parish church in the Melbourne suburb of Carlton. It is one of the first complete polychromatic brick churches built in the country. The church was opened in 1866 as a temporary wooden building, but was r ...

                                               

St. Louis King of France Cathedral, Jeremie

The St. Louis King of France Cathedral is a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church and is located in the town of Jeremie in the Caribbean and island country of Haiti. In Jeremie an ancient temple was destroyed in a fire that occurred ...

                                               

St Lukes Church, Canning Town

St Lukes Church, Canning Town or St Lukes Church, Victoria Docks is a Church of England church, originally housed in a building on Boyd Road in the Royal Docks area of West Ham in east London. Planned by Henry Boyd, vicar of St Marks Church, Silv ...

                                               

St Marks Church, Forest Gate

St Marks stands in the Conservative Evangelical tradition of the Church of England.

                                               

Saint Martins Church

St. Martin is a Roman Catholic church in the town of Olten. It is a three-nave columned basilica without transept with three chorapsideas. The church is considered as the "most significant Neoromanesque Greater Church of Switzerland from the late ...

                                               

St Marys Pro-Cathedral, Christchurch

The St Marys Pro-Cathedral, or simply St Marys Church, is a Catholic church located on Manchester Street in Christchurch, in the South Island of New Zealand. It is part of the Latin rite and serves as the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Chri ...

                                               

St Matthews Church, West Ham

St Matthews Church is a Church of England church on Dyson Road in West Ham, east London. It originated in 1891 as a mission of All Saints Church, West Ham, designed to serve the area between West Ham Park and Romford Road. A permanent building wa ...

                                               

St Thomass Church, West Ham

St Thomass Church, West Ham was a church in West Ham, East London. It originated around 1878 on Rokeby Street as a mission of All Saints Church, West Ham, initially in an iron building and then from 1889 in a brick one, which was assigned a paris ...

                                               

San Biagio dellAnello

Guido Pepoli 1595-1596 Girolamo Pamphilj 1604-1610 Fernando Niño de Guevara 1597-1599 Bonviso Bonvisi 1599-1603 Orazio Spinola 1616 Title suppressed in 1616 Ippolito de Rossi 1587-1591

                                               

Church of San Esteban (Segovia)

The Church of St Stephen is one of a number of medieval churches in Segovia, Spain. It dates from the 12th century and is noted for its Romanesque bell tower.

                                               

SHAC Community

The St Hilarys Anglican Network is the collection of St Hilarys Anglican Church, St Silas Anglican Church and St Augustines Anglican Church, also known previously as the SHAC Community. It is one of Australias largest Anglican parishes. The paris ...

                                               

South East Bendigo

The South East Bendigo Anglican Parish is the largest parish in the Anglican Diocese of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia and is located at Holy Trinity Church, Keck Street, near the Bendigo campus of La Trobe University. There are 6 regular congregat ...

                                               

St Daniels Church, Pembroke

St Daniels Church is a Grade I-listed church in Pembroke, Wales, situated on a hill approximately 1.1 kilometres south of Pembroke Castle. One of the oldest churches in the area, it is located on an ancient, pre-Norman site associated with Saint ...

                                               

St Decumans Church, Rhoscrowther

St Decumans is a Grade I listed building in Rhoscrowther, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The parish church is on a very early Christian site and is dedicated to Saint Decuman. It was the "bishop-house" of the cantref of Penfro and one of the seven princip ...